Re: Status of the LARTC project and of this list

On 10/31/23 7:16 PM, Mike Wright wrote:
I'd like to second Lewis' comment.  I've received help there that I couldn't have found elsewhere.

I'd like to third Lewis's comment as well as second Mike's comment.

Every time I've poked around for things like traffic control, routing, and firewalls the most arcane information invariably points here.

Yep.

Just about everything I see beyond basic How To / README references Linux Advanced Routing and Traffic Control mailing list.

I think closing the list will end up accelerating bit rot and be a dis-service to many people in the community.

That said, I don't know how many of the advanced routing members still haunt the list.  Every now and then Grant Taylor shows up and he has a *wealth* of knowledge from the wayback to current.

I have been active on the LARTC mailing list for for years / decades.

For a long time the mailing list ended up having extremely high (O(days)) latency between sending a message and it ending up passing through the mailing list. I think that hurt the LARTC mailing list quite a bit. But it's recovered somewhat since.

WRT low traffic: rarely used doesn't mean unused.

I absolutely agree.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die