Re: IPv6 routeing

[Subject intact, with my apologies!]

On 09/20/12 05:43 pm, David Hough thus wrote :
> Thanks for the links, it's a whole new world out there once the extra
> security of the NAT function and the port forwarding is stripped off so
> I want to get it right. I haven't gotten my head around load balancing
> from two ISPs (presumably with two different IPv6 address allocations)
> yet, so it's just as well one of mine doesn't do IPv6.

I'll keep looking and see what surfaces.
> As an aside, "routeing" is correct in English, "routing" is the US
> variant. In the UK, "routing" is the act of machining a slot in a piece
> of wood or similar (amongst several other meanings, some of which I
> didn't know until I just looked it up).
>
> See http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/routeing?s=t

For heaven's sake... We really do learn new things every day (my mother
was an English professor, and a true Anglophile, to boot); I'm duly
embarrassed by my mistaking your spelling for a typo, thinking that it
would be difficult to turn up in a web search... (Egg is sliding off my
face...) :-[

I can't argue with someone who speaks the King's English vs what passes
for the language on this side of the Pond! Thanks for correcting me!! LOL

Cheers

--
Lewis
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE, CWTS