Re: bgp require in multigateway routing

Thanks a lot for your reply,
my isp doesn't support bgp, so i have a second chance to write a script for this,
but my question is, if i run a script which will detect dead route and then delete that route, all is fine but after deleting route how can i know that this route is working again and need to add it again. plz help me and if you have any script like this plz provide me.
thanks again

sonu....

> somebody suggest me to use border gateway protocol for this, but i
> don't have any knowledge about this protocol that it will useful for
> me our not, and plz also guide me how to configure this protocol.

considering the bandwidth, i dont think your ISP would even start to
think about BGP, not to mention the fact that as long as you use the
same ISP I'd rather think of OSPF or even RIPv2. Also, there is a
question of support on modem, as from what you say its actually a
router
with adsl modem integrated, so it should take part of dynamic routing.
All in all, first question to ask is what your ISP is willing to do in
this case. As an alternative you can always run some checks on links
and
switch routing information (aspecially default route, or selection of
routing table in policy routing) in static table from some cron script
/
daemon accordingly.

--
Radek aka Goblin