Re: bgp require in multigateway routing

On 12/13/07 08:12, sonu chouhan wrote:
my isp doesn't support bgp, so i have a second chance to write a script for this, but my question is, if i run a script which will detect dead route and then delete that route, all is fine but after deleting route how can i know that this route is working again and need to add it again. plz help me and if you have any script like this plz provide me.

I think you will want to delete the route (or mark it dead) in your (main?) routing table that gets used by most of your traffic and leave additional administrative / test routing tables alone. With the additional administrative / test routing tables you can have your test traffic go out the routes that would otherwise not be used by your normal traffic. Thus you can have test scripts see if the routes are good or not. If the routes are good, you can re-add the routes to your mail (?) routing table.

Another idea is to use different routing tables based on the connection status. I.e. have main_both, main_isp_a, and main_isp_b routing tables that are used for your normal traffic. If something happens, just change the routing table that is used from main_both to main_isp_<that is still up>. Changing which routing table is used is probably going to be easier than altering a routing table.

Just to be clear, you will still want to have test_isp_a and test_isp_b routing tables so you can direct your test traffic to use either connection. So all in all, this route, you will have five routing tables: main_both, main_isp_a, main_isp_b, test_isp_a, and test_isp_b.

Grant. . . .