Re: Redundant internet connections.

On 06/21/07 17:30, Alex Samad wrote:
Strange I am running openwrt on a linksys wr54gs with 1 cable and 1 adsl. I load balance, (also have julian patches applied - its 2.4.30), when the routing notices the link is dead, so if i do a ip li. then it marks the routes as dead and stops using them, once the interface is brought down the routes disappear

I am not wanting load balancing. Rather I want to use one link and only use the second if the first is down.

I haven;t followed the dgd threads, but I seem to remember it having some problem with upstream detection.

*nod*  I'm getting that consensus.

You talked about getting OSPF routing for this, is this from the ISP's inbound as well as outbound. Wouldn't OSPF handle link state as well ? (it been a while since I looked at OSPF)

The OSPF was for a different project / different installation.

Grant. . . .