Re: Redundant internet connections.

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 05:23:23PM -0500, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 06/21/07 17:18, Alex Samad wrote:
> >sorry yep, just woken up, reading and answering whilst eating breakfast
>
> *nod*
>
> >okay then why not
> >
> >default via preffered path
> >default via backup path metric 100
>
> I've done that with a metric of 0/1, and 1/2.  The problem that I'm
> seeing is that the system will never try to use the second metric.  It's
> as if the system will never go to a next higher metric if it does not
> receive an error while trying to use a lower metric.
Strange I am running openwrt on a linksys wr54gs with 1 cable and 1 adsl. I
load balance, (also have julian patches applied - its 2.4.30), when the routing
notices the link is dead, so if i do a ip li. then it marks the routes as dead
and stops using them, once the interface is brought down the routes disappear

I haven;t followed the dgd threads, but I seem to remember it having some
problem with upstream detection.

You talked about getting OSPF routing for this, is this from the ISP's inbound
as well as outbound. Wouldn't OSPF handle link state as well ? (it been a while
since I looked at OSPF)