Re: Re: Some advanced filtering questions

Christian Benvenuti wrote:

For more detail on the Basic classifier, see these kernel
configuration options:

Networking
+->Networking options
   +->QoS and/or fair queueing
      +->Elementary classification (BASIC)
      +->Extended Matches

Note that the Basic classifier and the extended matches are not as
mature and stable as the rest of the Traffic Control code yet.
(I have fixed a few bugs both in IPROUTE2 and in the kernel; next
week I am going to send the patches to the current maintainer.
I can post the patches here too if there is anyone interested)

Cool. I will see them on netdev, but if you are using them for real some examples would be usefull on here. It seems like ages ago Thomas was doing ematch/meta stuff and until now I've not seen one example.

To Leigh - there are the other things you can do with tc actions like pipe/reclassify/continue. They are (partially/minimally) documented in iproute2's doc/actions/*.

I do have a problem with actions-general (maybe it's just the way I read it), but the comments in the example in that just seem wrong.

They are to do with policers/shared meters more than classification, but the comments and the phrase shared meter hold up the possibility of doing some cool stuff that in reality turns out to be impossible.

Andy.