Re: Incoming traffic

mohican 542003 wrote:
Hello,

I would like that .2 and .4 share 10mbit and .3 and .5 share 20 mbit.

I finally use tcindex that works fine. u32 can only be used with one IP,
and iptables cannot mark packet for incoming traffic.

Do you have another suggestion ?

There are things called shared meters - though I think that name is a bit misleading as to their usefullness.

You can use them to make policers from different matches behave as one, so it is possible to do as you want - it won't be a fair share though.

The iptables issue is because the place policers hook changed - on 2.4s and if you config your kernel the right way (don't select packet action, and then select the old/depreciated policer) it will see packets after iptables prerouting, the default on 2.6s is to hook before netfilter.

Andy.