TC Protocols was RE: RE: IFB setup was no subject

>Try protocol 8021q or whatever its number is -

Thanks Andy, this did the trick. And now for the next question.

802.1q is protocol number 0x8100. Therefore my filter lines look like this:

Tc filter add dev eth3 parent ffff: protocol 0x8100 prio 10 u32 match u32 0 0 flowid 1:1 action mirred egress redirect dev ifb0

What is the u32 matching on? Is it matching on IP headers, or is it matching on the protocol specified, ie the VLAN header?

For my particular application, I need to decide which IFB to redirect to based on combinations of both VLAN ID and IP src/dst addresses. Can I specify matches for the VLAN ID here? If so, I would presume that I can then use an Iptables mark to filter on, with that mark based on IP address? (ebtables can't match the IP address of a tagged packet, unfortunately.) Otherwise, I'm going to have to mark the packets with a VLAN ID using ebtables and then another mark from Iptables based on src/dst IP address. What a sodding nightmare.

Regards,
             Leigh

Leigh Sharpe
Network Systems Engineer