Re: RE: IFB setup was no subject

Leigh Sharpe wrote:

Seems that the example I gave actually works, but not the way I'm using it.
I am bridging VLAN tagged packets,

Try protocol 8021q or whatever its number is - if there are other protocol filters you will need a different prio or you will get an error.

but for some reason they are not being subjected to the rate limit. If I pass normal, untagged packets through this setup, it behaves as expected. However, once I put tagged packets through the bridge, it fails to shape traffic.
 I don't want to have to use VLAN sub-interfaces, because the VLAN code strips the 802.1q tag from packets before they can be examined, which causes me problems in other areas.

Are these wireless customers?

I've never shaped wireless - do you get alot of extra loss from link layer, what's the bandwidth, single duplex or is it round robin type?

I wonder if htb tweaked/untweaked/hfsc/policers could be better than cbq - you may be able to get things better for link latyer, tcpdumps will show you how bursty things are for users.

Andy.