Session Limiting per host

Someone else asked a similar question a few weeks ago, but he wanted to do some advanced "if this then that" session limiting.. Has someone here done session limiting per host?

My situation is this: I have 2 direcway (Hughes now) satellites that I'm sharing out to some clients. I only get about 50 sessions per sat, so if any one of my clients has limewire or emule open with it's default sessions set to 300, no one can browse, or it's extremely sluggish.

I had a Hotbrick doing the dual wan, and it had session limiting per IP address. Now the hotbrick failed on me, and I need something else to limit the sessions. Just a simple limit of say 15 sessions per IP, or 15 new sessions / second per IP.

This site http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/articles/dynamic-iptables-firewalls.xml#doc_chap3 has some very good scripts, one that almost does that, but it's not a "through traffic" limit. It's a limit directly to itself. Will this work, or what modifications would need to be made to it? I'm not really advanced enough in linux, and have not had the time to really try it.

Thanks
Mark