Re: How to bypass traffic control for one IP

sure i write an example.
it is all dependent on the ceil parameter on the class.
so if the class for the internet is 80kbps, than you will have rate 80kb ceil 80kb thus this class will not be able to borrow bandwith from the class above it.

example:

tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1: htb default 11
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 48kb ceil 48kb
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 40kb ceil 40kb prio 1
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1:1 classid 1:11 htb rate 8kb ceil 8kb prio 2

What's next is to match the right packets into the right classes using filters.

Let me know if that helps.

btw eth1 will be the interface that is connected to the adsl router.

and 48kbps is just an example, feel free to adjust those values.

-nik
----- Original Message ----- From: "Yves BLUSSEAU" <2z7mbt002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>