Re: Handle limit in filter

    >> application >> at a client site.
    >>
    Marek> Been there, done that...
    >>
    Marek> Better regenerate whole tc config and load it using "tc
    Marek> -b". It's faster then many calls to tc binary (no context
    Marek> switching overhead).
    >> I don't really know what effect resetting the tc configuration
    >> every few seconds would have on logged in users.  What happens
    >> to the existing connections when the whole thing is reloaded?
    >> Will they jitter?  Or roll over and die, or just continue
    >> behaving as they were?
    >>
    >> Wouldn't writing out commands for a few hundred connections
    >> into a file and loading that file take a significant amount of
    >> time?

    Kajetan> I'm generating huge tc setup from database and loading it
    Kajetan> (which takes significant amount of time) only on router
    Kajetan> startup or reloading whole router configuration.

As I suspected... I wonder if Marek's solution would work in a
significantly dynamic environment? Any thoughts Marek?

    Kajetan> To change speed limit of single host in network I'm using
    Kajetan> `tc class change`, which goes fast.

I have to keep adding and deleting classes as users login and logout.
I'm afraid change is not an option for me.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      http://kandalaya.org/