load balancing: per route or per interface?

Hi!

I'm doing load balancing for 5 dsl lines, each one with a dsl router
attached to a linux machine ethernet plug. The problem is that I'm
adding 15 more dsl lines, and I don't have enough PCI slots in the
linux machine to sum up 20 ethernet plugs (I already have 2 quad
ethernet cards).

So I'm considering connecting all dsl routers and the linux machine to
a switch and doing load balancing per route, instead of per interface.
What are the problems? AFAIK I won't be able to do traffic shaping,
anything else?

Thanks!!

Edu