Re: Advanced Routing and Secondary ip address in eth0

Hi gypsy,

    Thank you for your help, but I have configured with succes Routing for multiple uplinks/providers and it is working just fine.
    My problem is when I have a secondary address range in one of these cards (NICs), in my case eth0 (two ranges from the same internet provider ).

    Anybody has a configuration like this?
    - Eth0 ( two internet ranges address from the same router/provider )
    - eth1 ( another ISP )
    - eth2 LAN

??

Thanks in advanced.

gypsy escreveu:
Leonardo Borda wrote:

Hello,

    I have configured advanced routing with success using three (03)
network adapters ( ETH0,  ETH1 and ETH2).
    Now I have to configure an addittion range in the same Interface
ETH0 ( another internet ip range address ), so I would like to have TWO
different ranges at the same ETHERNET CARD ( in this case ETH0 ) AND
having advanced routing running it.
    I Did the same configurations as I already done it before and it is
not working. When testing through the secondary ip address the packets
get out from the wrong default gateway, however testing from primary
range I am able to route.

    Is it possible to do advanced routing having in the same Interface
TWO different ip range address?

    Somebody had done this somewhere?

Thanks in advanced

--
Atenciosamente,

Leonardo Borda

Leonardo,

Have you Yahooed/googled this?  IIRC, I came across several pages
describing your desired setup while trying to decide how to deal with 3
NICs and two different IPS (therefore separate nets on each NIC).  Again
IIRC, I rejected these because they were not the correct solution for
me.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I do think your solution is "out there".
--
gypsy

--
Atenciosamente,