From: David Boreham [mailto:david_list@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sun 10/16/2005 12:14 AM
To: Stephen Braithwaite
Cc: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  FW: Some queueing disciplines that I wrote.

Stephen, this sounds interesting. One question : did you
address the 'arms race' with file sharing application developers ?
What I mean is that giving preference to short flows seems
like a fine idea until footorrent or whatever comes along
that has the strategy of opening zillions of short-lived connections
to a large number of servers. Now all the flows are short
and there are no long flows to give lower priority to.

Thoughts ?

(I did read quickly through your thesis but couldn't see
anything on this. Apologies if I missed it).