Re: TCP window based shaping

TAKANO Ryousei wrote:
Andy Furniss wrote:

Don Cohen wrote:

I recalled a discussion of manipulating outgoing tcp windows in order
to control return tcp traffic.  I finally found at least some of that
discussion in a thread with the subject above (of this message).
But I thought someone announced an implementation and I don't see it
under this thread.  If anyone else remembers or knows where I should
look for it, please let me know.  I'm also interested in other
discussion of the idea and in implementations of related ideas such as
delaying the acks etc.

I don't think there is an implementation other than the commercial packeteer.

Andy.

We have been proposed TCP window based pacing (shaping) in the PFLDnet2005. You can get the paper and slides from the following URL:
http://www.ens-lyon.fr/LIP/RESO/pfldnet2005/TechnicalProgram.php

Looks intresting but I can't get the pdf (not found) and haven't got anything that opens .ppt s

This software called PSPacer is avaiable.  But, I am sorry, the current
release version does not support TCP window based pacing whereas it
supports static pacing.

Am I right in thinking that PSPspacer has to be run on the server - in which case would the tcp window shaping also be for locally generated traffic only, or do both work on routers?

Andy.