TCP window based shaping

I recalled a discussion of manipulating outgoing tcp windows in order
to control return tcp traffic.  I finally found at least some of that
discussion in a thread with the subject above (of this message).
But I thought someone announced an implementation and I don't see it
under this thread.  If anyone else remembers or knows where I should
look for it, please let me know.  I'm also interested in other
discussion of the idea and in implementations of related ideas such as
delaying the acks etc.