Re: TCP window based shaping

> > We have been proposed TCP window based pacing (shaping) in the
> > PFLDnet2005.  You can get the paper and slides from the following URL:
> > http://www.ens-lyon.fr/LIP/RESO/pfldnet2005/TechnicalProgram.php
>
> Looks intresting but I can't get the pdf (not found) and haven't got
> anything that opens .ppt s

Sorry!  You can get the paper from the following URL:
http://www.gridmpi.org/publications/pfldnet05-takano.pdf

> > This software called PSPacer is avaiable.  But, I am sorry, the current
> > release version does not support TCP window based pacing whereas it
> > supports static pacing.
>
> Am I right in thinking that PSPspacer has to be run on the server - in
> which case would the tcp window shaping also be for locally generated
> traffic only, or do both work on routers?

I think tcp window based shaping is difficult on routers.
PSPacer basically assumes the use of end-to-end traffic engineering.
(PSPacer can also regulate bandwidth of through traffic at static target
transmission rate on routers.)

Thanks,
TAKANO Ryousei