Re: Problem with marking packets...

Konrad wrote:
Andy wrote:

Konrad wrote:

 > So I assume the routing is working OK.
Yes... routing is working well.

OK - I am still confused about what interfaces you have your script uses 1 2 and 3.

That rule will send all packets going through postrouting to imq1 whether they are going inside or outside ...

OK. You right... never mind.

I will try to explain You:P

I attached file... with code, and comments and explanation of problem.

In theory you should be able to match marks set in postrouting mangle with shapers on imq - but then you wouldn't need to if you used one imq per link or shaped directly on the internet interfaces (though you wouldn't be able to use local src ips then if you are doing nat).

It's possible mark isn't working for you - there was a post recently from hareram who tried alot of things but couldn't get mark to work on his distros kernel/iptables/iproute mix. He ended up using CLASSIFY.

I would try a simple test case to see if mark really is the problem - if it is you can still use more imqs and use -i/-o ethx to seperate out the traffic per link.

I see you are also using squid - see the recent thread about shaping with that - AFAICT it's not that easy if you wan't per user fairness on cache misses.

Andy.