Re: Problem with marking packets...

Konrad wrote:
Hello everyone...

I have a little trouble and need some help :P
How can I check on which interface the packet is going (eth0, eth1; I have two ISP and on eth3 little LAN), using to check it TC and IMQ? (HTB script)

If you meant eth2 rather than 3 and you are only shaping forwarded traffic then you could get away without using imq.

I tried to mark packets, but on chain POSTROUTING this does not work... Maybe because packets fall on IMQ before signing.
I tried marking it on FORWARD but packets also didn't hit their class.

PREROUTING is working(!), but with this I can only queued download traffic.

Problem is very essential. I need to distinguish on which interface packet is going.

Im routing packet using this:
ip route add default via 192.168.10.1 dev eth0 table neo
ip rule add fwmark 0x03 table neo

ip route add 80.53.133.24/29 dev $DEV_DSL table dsl
ip rule add fwmark 0x04 table dsl
And I'm marking traffic as I want.

So I assume the routing is working OK.

IMQ is working in AB mode. I have src IP before nat, and dst after nat.

Upload traffic is going to IMQ1 here:
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -j IMQ --todev 1

This rule will catch traffic headed for eth3(2) aswell.

For uplink why not just shape on eth0 and eth1 directly, if you do this already and want to double queue for some reason then be more specific about what you send to imq dev1.

iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j IMQ --todev 1
iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j IMQ --todev 1

Andy.