Starting from scratch w/ multiple uplinks

Hi guys;

I'm sure you are all bored of hearing the same story over and over... but here it comes again. :) Yep, tomorrow I'm getting another ADSL line installed and I wanted my linux router to handle both providers (new and old). I have my linux router (fedora core 2) setup to do NAT for my current line, but I know I'll need to change my configuration to accommodate the second line.

I have no problem with 'RTFM', but since I've started doing my homework, I've realized that things have changed and I guess this is the place to get the latest updates since most all sites out there still refer to old 2.2/2.4 kernels, workflow and tools.

Ideally I'm looking for a guide I can follow to setup an linux router that will handle 2 uplinks and will do some minimal load-balancing (to start). Maybe a guide is too much, so if you have pointers, those are appreciated equally.

Here's what I have to start:

1. Fedora Core 2 server with 3 ethernet cards
2. Documentation from: http://lartc.org/howto/

What I know I need to do:

1. Need to recompile my kernel with all the advanced router modules
2. Follow steps in documentation (above) on iproute2
3. Configure iptables

Here's my network topology:
|------------------|
| INET 1 |<--------> Internet
+------------------------------+-------| |
+---------------------+ | (eth0) | |------------------|
| | | Linux Router |
| Local network | | |
| | <---------> | (eth2) |
| 192.168.0.x | | (192.168.0.1) |
| | | (eth1) | |--------------------|
+---------------------+ +------------------------------+------| INET2 |
| |<------- > Internet
|--------------------|

Here's what I want to know:
1. Does an updated guide exist for multiple providers?
2. Kernel:
- What kernel modules do I need to install?
- Do I need to patch my kernel?
- Do I need to supply any configuration parameters for these kernel modules?
- Is my documentation up-to-date? If not, what's the diff and where can I get the latest? I heard I shouldn't use this documentation...
4. Anyone have sample scripts for iptables (NAT) for this type of setup?
5. How do I configure QoS? What's Wonder Shaper?
6. Am i missing anything?

As long as I'm pointed in the right direction, with good documentation, I think I can make it. Of course, I'll probably need a little help, so thanks in advance!

Cheers,

--
Rafael Barrero
r.barrero@xxxxxxxxxxxx