Re: Starting from scratch w/ multiple uplinks

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 16:05 +0200, Rafael A Barrero wrote:
> Hi guys;
>
> I'm sure you are all bored of hearing the same story over and over...
> but here it comes again. :) Yep, tomorrow I'm getting another ADSL
> line installed and I wanted my linux router to handle both providers
> (new and old). I have my linux router (fedora core 2) setup to do NAT
> for my current line, but I know I'll need to change my configuration
> to accommodate the second line.

I inquired about this a while ago and the final word seemed to be that
in order for you to use two uplinks, both NATting the internal
outbound-originated traffic (i.e. clients behind the gateway going to
Internet based services) and both accepting inbound-originated traffic
(i.e. running services behind the NAT for Internet users to use), one
needs to patch the kernel.

I could not seem to get the traffic leaving the gateway to go via the
uplink that was relevant for it's NATted source.  All traffic wanted to
leave by only one interface even though it was NATted for the other.  Of
course the upstream dropped the packets because the source address
violated their egress filters.

b.