Re: wondershaper tweaking

On Monday 09 May 2005 10:29, Anthony Letchet wrote:
> Im still reading the howtos on how to write my own rules but since the
> wondershaper script is doing exactly what i want i had hoped that
> someone would know the commands to implement this now :)

I did such a modification to wondershaper once for somebody on this list.
The file is still there:

http://www.metamorpher.de/files/wshaper-over-lan.htb

And an image of the class tree:
http://www.metamorpher.de/files/wshaper-over-lan.png

I don't use this myself, and never tested it myself,
so there is no guarantee that it will actually work.

My basic idea how to solve this was to create one fat class which can use
the NIC at full speed, and two child classes, one for internet traffic
which limits to internet speed, and one for LAN traffic, which limits to
full speed minus internet speed.

I use pretty much the same concept in my FairNAT shaping script (which is
designed for routers) and it works for me.

HTH
Andreas