Re: Re: Confuse, putting packets in wrong mangle table.

Rio Martin. wrote:
On Saturday 29 January 2005 00:55, Andy Furniss wrote:

I ve tried this before, but never succeed. I didnt know where should i
attach the 10:100 class. In the document, just told to add this class in
tc, without giving some information which interface should i attach this
class.

I've not used squid, but think the idea is to shape on eth0 traffic from inet to lan and miss traffic from squid to lan. The patch lets you classify miss traffic from squid which you make an htb class for and you can then involve it in sharing/priorotising etc with other inet to lan traffic. Andy.

Thanks Andy for the info u gave,
But the patch is totally missed with Squid-2.5.STABLE7, so i have to do it manually.

I tried to placed this 10:100 class into eth0 (inet interface) and successfully do some shaping on outgoing request from squid to origin server where client request.
It wont shape the incoming from origin server to squid.
As u see, this is tcp_outgoing_priority, not tcp_incoming_priority.. :))

so i still have to figure out more how to shape incoming packets to this squid proxy.

Ahh - I thought that squid could limit connections based on the rate the client could sustain.

You can shape incoming to squid with imq if hooked after nat, because its traffic will have real dst address - other will have been denatted.

If you want to further shape traffic to squid (eg by what local address requested or connected to/was directed to) then I can't think of a way.

Andy.

- Rio.Martin -