Re: tail and head drop qdiscs

vincent perrier wrote:

I think that there are no qdiscs that permit to drop the oldest
frame of a queue when this queue is full ...

What sort of thing do you want this for?
Andy.

Very low rate (satellite links for example) and strict priority can
lead to messages waiting for a chance to be transmitted and getting
old in low prio queues as higher priority messages take all the
bandwidth. Vincent.

Ahh - if the messages established tcp then I don't think it will make any difference.

If the messages are udp then I suppose it could help a bit - depends what you mean by messages.

Andy.