Slashdot on WRT54G

Did anyone see the article?

It's the first time I really noticed that these little Linksys routers are such a fully fledged linux machine with a decent processor and a replacable firmware. I am now itching to get one to replace the multipurpose firewall desktop machine.

Has anyone experimented with the current state of the firmware and how advanced you can get with tc rules? For example is any of the l7 stuff incorporated yet?

A 200Mhz processor and 8-32Mb ram seems butch enough for many small home and office firewall machines...

Ed W