burst according to time limit??? (plz dont blame me for previous html,Outlook)

I was wondering if there is a queue with which I could have a
regular rate limit at some kbits (say 256kbits) for my ethernet stations,
but allow burstable sessions
with a multiple limit (512 kbits)  for a specific time (say 3 minutes).
Of course, this is the same with having bursts of some Megabit buckets
(measuring bits  and not time), but for such big bursts i think it isn't
what i need...