tc [htb] performance on 2000 leaves

Hi

I'm going to setup a linux box as a packet shaper for
my company. we've got at most 2000 leaves and about 4
to 5 different parent calsses.
i'm just wondering if someone can tell me how much
will be the delay ?!
what is the prefered hardware solution for best
performance with tc in this scenario?!
and about setting up the linux box in bridged mode; i
googled and found out that this has a bad impact on tc
performance ! does anybody has any experience around
this issue ?!
benchmarks are so welcome in any case; since i've
searched internet but i haven't found any useful ones
!

Thanks in advance.

Regards

feri