Re: boring question

Andy Furniss wrote:

Mr Ivan Hawkes wrote:

It is important to note that this generally works well for outgoing traffic but is not particularly effective against incoming traffic since that is *pushed* onto your machine and it has no way to control this.

You can control incoming bandwidth much the same as outbound - but it's hard to keep latency low all of the time.

Andy.

Are you able to selectively control incoming bandwidth? e.g. I have some BT's running sucking up all that good bandwidth and my incoming pipe gets saturated (it's 2MB, so this doesn't generally happen). How would I tell the BT streams to slow down while giving more priority to the important stuff? I know how to do it on egress, just not on ingress.

--

http://www.ivanhawkes.com | ICQ: 173-392-038