Re: newbie: TC[NG] with (256kbit/s down and 768kbit/s up) on a router

Jason Boxman wrote:

Egress is easy. Ingress seems to be a topic that is discussed often on LARTC, and I believe your options are to either use an ingress policer or the IMQ target. The former you can do directly with tcng, the latter I believe you cannot.

I know nothing about TCNG so can't help there.

You can shape ingress without using IMQ as long as you have just one LAN interface and don't care about traffic headed for the shaping PC. You just shape on the LAN interface.

Andy.