Re: Selective Masquerading

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edgar Estrada Lopez" <estradaedgar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <LARTC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2004 9:48 PM
Subject:  Selective Masquerading

> HI guys:
>
> I have a DSL @ 1mb, and another one @ 256kbps
>
> I've been reading countless hours regarding the split access / load
> balancing issue, but for some strange reason, things don't work the way
they
> should.
>
> Sometimes the split access works, other times a DSL begins an ARP flood
> pointing all the ARP replies to the other DSL, and sometimes they just
wont
> work at all.
>
> While giving a deep thought on why I got the 2 dsl, the answer is simple:
So
> I could have fast downloads, and fast web browsing also.
>
> So I was thinking: is there a way to masquerade  / direct all web browsing
> (ie port 80, 25, 110) to the 256dsl, and leave the rest of the
> communications (higher ports 1024+) to the 1 mbps line?

You can do this using multiple SNAT lines for each destination port. You
should
make sure to put 80 and 443 on the same line to avoid trouble.

You still need a policy routing to ensure the packets having source address
of line1
go out on line1 and same with line2.

You can do without policy routing provided
(a) Your service providers accept and route the packets with source IP's
which do not belong to them.
(b) You have enough upstream bandwidth on one link.

KRV