Re: Specific question on ingress policing

Roy wrote:
As I observed, setting 'rate 32kbit index 20' for each will not do anything
good,
they were behaving like independent clasess, so total trafic was sum of all
rates.
then I reduced rates for all clases su that sum of the rates was max rate
alocated for that poll
and it worked more or less.

That's a good approach. I can easily change pyshaper (mentioned in earlier post) so that once it determines the number of connections matching a criterion, it divides the bandwidth allocation by the number of such connections, and generates tc ingress policing filter commands accordingly.

I am not sure if this was correct.

probably the best way to find how index works is to look at source code.

I'm very time-constrained. Given that I'm often having to study source code just to find out how to use other programs, I don't have the time to do this with tc, sadly. When someone writes a thorougly detailed manual on tc usage (including a complete tc-filters manpage), it'll be a good thing.

class www policer rate 100kbit index 20
class p2p policer index 20 drop

Can you please provide all your *complete* tc commands, so I can see this in context and form an understanding?

more or less it was working

Good to know.

--

Kind regards
David

--

leave this line intact so your email gets through my junk mail filter