Specific question on ingress policing

Hi,

After more research, and a couple of kind replies to earlier questions, I've tried putting 'index nnn' in my ingress policers.

It appears that connections matching ingress policers with (say) 'rate 32kbit index 20' share a total incoming bandwidth pool of 32kbits.

Is that indeed the case?

In other words - if I have one ingress policer that matches 3 current connections, and another ingress policer matching 2 current connections, and both policers are set to 'rate 32kbit index 20' - is it true that inbound bandwidth for all 5 connections is throttled to a shared total of 32kbit?

Thanks and regards
David

--

leave this line intact so your email gets through my junk mail filter