Re: Specific question on ingress policing

One remark: policers have nothing to do with incoming bandwitch they also
can be used with any forwarded trafic,
(if you will make attempt to use them on localy originated packets you can
even hang your computer)

As I observed, setting 'rate 32kbit index 20' for each will not do anything
good,
they were behaving like independent clasess, so total trafic was sum of all
rates.
then I reduced rates for all clases su that sum of the rates was max rate
alocated for that poll
and it worked more or less.
I am not sure if this was correct.

probably the best way to find how index works is to look at source code.
It can be very usefull feature. Which could alow do this:
if www trafic rate exceeds 100kb/s then drop all p2p packets

I was trying this in such way

class www policer rate 100kbit index 20
class p2p policer index 20 drop

more or less it was working