Weird quirk with ingress policing

Hi,

I notice that if two or more existing connections match an ingress policing filter, the input bandwidth does not get evenly divided up between the n connections.

Kinda like litters of baby animals, where the stronger babies get more access to the mothers teats and grow up bigger and faster than their siblings.

The only workaround that's working for me is to set explicit ingress policing filters, which match src and dest host and port, so for each filter there can only be exactly one connection which matches. Then, it's just a matter of evenly dividing up the allocated total input bw amongst these n processes. This works, but it's not exactly optimal.

--

Kind regards
David

--

leave this line intact so your email gets through my junk mail filter