Re: Re: Blue and SFB

Patrick McHardy wrote:
> I've completed the port and tested it yesterday, unfortunately it's
> not useable in the real world as is. There is a strong bias against
> non-ECN flows because their packets are simply dropped instead of
> marked. At high load (50 ECN vs. 1 non-ECN flow) and a marking
> probability of about 10% the non-ECN flow simply stalls.
> I can send you the patch if you're interested ..

Thank you, I am really interested.

I will try how it behaves for me in various circumstances.

What you say, though, is probably true - and the situation is even
more accentuated when considering that different TCP stacks react to
ECN and packet drops differently - a single drop percent will not be
enough.

Which ofcourse brings us to SFB - with Stochastic Fair Blue, the drop
percentage for the non-ECN flow should be significantly lower and the
connections should transfer more or less fairly.

-- Naked