Re: Blue and SFB

Patrick McHardy wrote:
> There is a blue implementation for Linux at
> http://home.sch.bme.hu/~bartoki/projects/thesis/2001-May-26/

Nice!

I briefly scanned the implementation and it didn't look too bad. Some
oddities here and there (such as changing HZ from 100 to 1024??).

But, as the implementation is rather old, it would require a complete
overhaul for 2.6 I think. It is a shame it wasn't worked in to the
Linux kernel when it was still current, as I think the algorithm could
have a lot of uses.

What is the process of getting new traffic schedulers in the kernel? I
guess most of the netfilter stuff goes through netfilter development
and patch-o-matic - but there isn't anything similar for QoS, is
there?

> BTW: Regarding your remaining HFSC questions (I just discovered
> them on lartc), I'm going to answer them tomorrow.

No rush. I did realize that I posted the reply only to the list
through gmane, but didn't consider it important enough to resend
directly.

-- Naked