[htb] strange problems !?

hi,

I have strange problems with HTB and several hundred classes flat structure i.e.

root
  |--50kbps
  |--30kbps
  |--50kbps
  |--80kbps
  |--100kbps
  .... several hundred classes like this

Ceil is the same as rate. The machine get no more than 2-3% average cpu(2.4Ghz pentium).
What happens is that from time to time the traffic got "stalled".
I tried numerous things to solve the problem - cable-wiring, different cards the problem still persist.
My kernel is 2.4.20, as seen in the list I got the sch_htb.c from 2.4.22
kernel yestarday it seems that it behave better now but still have traffic starvation.
I was on the devik page, but cant understand which patch is applied and
which not..!?hope that 2.4.22 is the last..cant make many experiments
cause it is working server.
Nothing suspicious in the logs.

Does someone have a setup with hundered of channels !
I spotted the problem 'cause a machine on the one side of the qos box does a snmp queries (mrtg) to the router on the other side and I see big
holes into the graphics which mean that packets are droped for some reason.. then i found that there is a problem..

your ideas very appricated
tia