Re: [htb] strange problems !?

Hello raptor,

I have before similar problem, for me it is looks problem - when
traffic coming to default class (possible with small rate).

I am doing simple solution, last with last-in-check (highest number)
priority - filter with police drop. Try this, if this help on your
case, maybe we need make bugreport about this.

r> hi,

r> I have strange problems with HTB and several hundred classes flat structure i.e.

r> root
r>   |--50kbps
r>   |--30kbps
r>   |--50kbps
r>   |--80kbps
r>   |--100kbps
r>   .... several hundred classes like this

r> Ceil is the same as rate. The machine get no more than 2-3% average cpu(2.4Ghz pentium).
r> What happens is that from time to time the traffic got "stalled".
r> I tried numerous things to solve the problem - cable-wiring, different cards the problem still persist.
r> My kernel is 2.4.20, as seen in the list I got the sch_htb.c from 2.4.22
r> kernel yestarday it seems that it behave better now but still have traffic starvation.
r> I was on the devik page, but cant understand which patch is applied and
r> which not..!?hope that 2.4.22 is the last..cant make many experiments
r> cause it is working server.
r> Nothing suspicious in the logs.

r> Does someone have a setup with hundered of channels !
r> I spotted the problem 'cause a machine on the one side of the qos box does a snmp queries (mrtg) to the router on the other side and I see big
r> holes into the graphics which mean that packets are droped for some reason.. then i found that there is a problem..

r> your ideas very appricated
r> tia

Best regards,
 Denis                            mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx