Re: Linux bandwidth arbitrator

> > SC> What's "linux bandwidth arbitrator" ???
> >
> > SC> Stef
> >
> > it's low level arbitration (shaping) done by BRIDGE
> > software not an iproute+tc+iptables based. (Isn't it out of scope here?)
> I never heard of it.  This is list is for iproute2+tc problems/questions.

Its bizzare how the "linux bandwidth arbitrator" authors have never
heard of HTB, LARTC people have not heard of "arbitrator". :)

arbitrator has some nice features, it acctually tracks the bandwidth
usage and can limit the big spenders - so its more dynamic than pure "tc".
The problem is its completelly different than "tc" and requires a number of
strange kernel patches (that perhaps are not tested enough).

I wish I could see an integration of the solutions ...

btw, this list is about LARTC so the arbitrator still somehow belongs in
this categorry, although it doesn't use "tc".

--
Damjan Georgievski
jabberID: damjan@xxxxxxxxxxxx