Re: Problem while using HTB bandwidth limitation

Hello,

Thanks a lot Martin & Stef for clarifying my doubts. Your detailed explaination was quiet helpful in making the things clear.

I agree that if I give 24Kbit for each leaf class they will get it without confirming about the total bandwidth available with the parent but why does it allow him to reach upto 48Kbit even when ceiling is 24Kbit?

In order for you to control
latency and bandwidth use, you must ensure that you are the slowest point.
Annoyingly, the only successful way to identify exactly what speed to use
as a bandwidth cap is experimentation.  A good general suggestion is to
lop off a couple of kbit and try capping your bandwidth exactly as Stef
suggests.  Try using 188kbit, and see if your apparent control increases.

Is there a ratio between the total available bandwidth and the amount you restrict it to or you can just arbitarily reduce by 5-7 Kbit.

with regards,
Nimit.

Ps: Is there an irc channel for lartc discussion?