pre-release of a (Linux) Traffic Control Introduction HOWTO

Hello all,

Short version:
--------------

I request review, corrections and suggestions for a new traffic control
HOWTO, which I intend to submit to TLDP after a short period of peer
review.

  http://linux-ip.net/articles/Traffic-Control-HOWTO/

Thank you!

Long version:
-------------

I have substantially completed an introduction to Traffic Control which I
intend to release to the general linux community through TLDP after a
period of general peer review.  I invite all members of this list to
criticize, correct and comment on this introduction to traffic control
with linux.

As I began my efforts to understand traffic control (in earnest) last
December, I discovered that there was very little documentation
introducing the entire traffic control system and concepts.  With this
documentation, I hope to fill a niche.

The LARTC HOWTO [1] still remains the best technical resource for
understanding the details and inner workings of the Linux traffic control
implementation.  For questions on the intricacies of HTB along with good
guidelines and graphs demonstrating its behaviour under various
conditions, Stef Coene's site [2] remains a top notch resource.  My HOWTO
is targeted for a user/admin who wishes to understand and assimilate the
entire system before making use of these other resources.

I have included several diagrams which purport to illustrate particular
concepts and queuing disciplines used in traffic control.

I would like to take this opportunity to extend my thanks to the members
of this list and the authors of the LARTC HOWTO for their support in my
efforts to discover the richness of networking available under Linux.  In
particular, I'd like to publicly thank the indefatigable Stef Coene.

I welcome all suggestions, criticism and comments on this document.

Thank you,

-Martin

 [1] http://lartc.org/howto/
 [2] http://www.docum.org/