Re: Need a experience eyes on my script

On Saturday 30 August 2003 16:37, Yves Bergeron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used examples I found on this newsgroup and I made the script below.
> I have 100 mbits to the internet (eth1) and I need tree qdics :
> interactive, normal and slow.
>
> Questions :
>
> With the changes I made for the original examples...(300 kbits)
> 1) is my prio OK
Yes and no.  Different prio's can be OK.  The packets of a low prio class will
be transmitted first.  But if that class contains more traffic then the
configured rate, the latency will become very high.

> 2) is my rate OK
No.  The sum of the rates of your child class should be equal or smaller then
the rate of the parent class.  And you didn't specified the ceil.  So ceil =
rate.

> 3) is my burst OK
No.  Too low.  Just remove the burst and htb will calculate the smallest one
for you.

> 4) What is the best technique (efficience) : TOS, mark  because I
> included both in this script and I want to pick one
You can use both.  It depends on what you want to filters.  You can use both
without any conflicts.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx