Re: Kazaa

On Monday 01 September 2003 17:01, Tom Verbeek wrote:
> Hi Awie,
> I you simply want to block Kazaa, you need to set up a Firewall that
> is restrictive of outgoing requests (Kazaa does not need to have
> incoming ports forwarded or open).
> Block this Port 1214/TCP (incoming and outgoing).
> Cheers,
> Tom.

Kazaa use random ports if you blocked tcp port 1214.
Have you checked this P2P software ? There is SOCKS support, so if you blocked
tcp port 1214, your users still able to comunicate with Kazaa gateway through
SOCKS proxy.

Perhaps you should take this as solution to your problem, blocked all tcp port
from 1 - 65535, list any ports to be allowed by your firewall.

Regards,
Rio Martin.