Re: [LARTC] Parameters for the ingress qdisc?

Thank you very much for the link. That information was very helpful and
has given me a lot of insight.

Of course, the more I know, the more questions occur...

I try not to be a nuisance, so I've been doing a lot of research and I
thought I'd already found all the important web sites for Linux traffic
control. I looked again, and I still can't find anything about "filter
policers" anywhere. I didn't find any description of a command line that
even suggested such a thing was possible. Can you please point me to
some more info about this, if any exists?

The fact that the filters are metering traffic flows implies that they
have are stateful. When using filters with egress queue hierarchies, it
was my understanding that no state was needed since all they do is
direct packets into classes. It sounds like my current understanding is
quite wrong.

BTW, we are working with a stock RedHat 7.3 2.4.20-18.7 kernel, and we
are VERY reluctant to apply patches of any kind, so we're just going to
work with whatever is available in the bits we download. We're
considering moving up to 2.4.21 to get IMQ, but that doesn't appear to
be available for RedHat 7.3 yet - in fact, this may force us to RedHat
9.0 (not a bad thing, really).