Re: [LARTC] Shape both incoming and outgoing traffic with HTB ?

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 09:41, Martin A. Brown wrote:
> Hello Rio Martin,
>  : I want to shape both incoming and outgoing traffic with HTB.  Since the
>  : first time i applied HTB, i only limit incoming traffic from internet,
>  : while the outgoing traffic is unlimited and now these days my outgoing
>  : traffic really getting higher.
>  : INTERNET ----- eth0 | BW.MANAGER | eth1 --- LAN
> This is not an uncommon problem for masquerading or SNATting hosts.  In
> short, your upload traffic has already been masqueraded/SNATted, so you no
> longer have a source IP of 192.168.0.0/19.

Yes, you re right.
I tried entering my public ip for the match ip src, and it goes smoothly
shaped.

> The best thing to do is to use fwmark to mark the traffic with
> iptables/ipchains (whichever you are using) and classify the outbound
> traffic according to the fwmark.  See the LARTC documentation on this
> topic [1].

Yes i realized that if i didnt use fwmark, it will be hard to manage outgoing
traffic from all different network i managed down here.

Thanks ..

Regards,
Rio Martin.

--