Re: [LARTC] herz the script that i have done.

On Sunday 15 June 2003 08:27, Trevor Warren wrote:
> Stef....;)
>
>  Hats off to you. I am zapped as to how did you figure out the
> "isolated" class wasn't working???.
I did some filter tests to see if you can split the traffic in different
classes and how you have to do this.  At the same time I tried the isolated
parameter.  If you have an isolated, not-bounded class, there is no shaping.
As long as the classes are bounded, everything is working like it should be :
http://www.docum.org/stef.coene/qos/tests/cbq/filter.html

>  Anyway Stef, i am glad that you have detected something without my
> telling you. Have changed the same and have restarted the server. Lets
> see. Its night time here in Bombay, hence am playing around with the
> production machine.
>
>  Stef, I need to traffic shape for my 1000 odd users on the network. Is
> there a way to do it by having static qdisc's /classes/filters inserted.
It depends on how much control you want to have.  If you want to have tied
control, you have to create 1 class (filter) / user.  Or you can try the wrr
qdisc (you can find a link on www.docum.org).  This qdisc can create 1 class
for each filter/mac-address it sees and punish big downloaders by limiting
the rate.

>  Also, can i do them on the fly by having them login cia a SUID ROOT ph
> page and then get web access and thus adding/deleting these qdisc's
> /classes/filters on the fly???.
Or you use a tc binary with a sticky bit so any user can execute tc and the
execution is done as user root.

Just wondering, you make all classes bounded.  So they can not borrow
bandwidth from each other.  But if you do this, why do you create the classes
1:1 and 1:2 ??

And you use 2 filters to put the packets in the end class.  You can do this in
1 step so you need only 1 filter.  Just put the packets directly in the end
class.  If you are interested, I did some tests with filters and how the
weight parameter influence the sharing between the filters :
http://www.docum.org/stef.coene/qos/tests/cbq/splitting/splitting.html

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx