Re: [LARTC] herz the script that i have done.

On Sunday 15 June 2003 01:46, Trevor Warren wrote:
> Hello there,
>
>  Having made quite a lot of expensive mistakes i have finally clobbered
> together a script for the users on my network.
>
>  Have a look at it and please suggest as to how can i limit bandwidth to
> each ip on this network to about 64Kbits.
You specify bandwidth 1mbit.  But that should be your real nic bandwidth.  So
10mbit or 100mbit.  If you want to share the same 1Mbit between some classes,
you have to add 1 bounded class with rate = 1mbit to the root qdisc and add
the other classes to that class.
Remove the isolated class, it's not working and can even distubr your setup.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"