Re: [LARTC] wondershaper htb P2P downloads

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 04:07, Paul Suela wrote:
> Sir,
>
> Thanks for the wondershaper utility!
>
> It has improved the response time for my ssh connections to my home
> server whenever i need to access it from the Internet.
>
> However, is there a way to setup a bandwidth, say 10kbits/sec (i only
> have 128kbits/sec DSL), and assign it to a particular traffic type like
>   kazaa and other P2P file-sharing?
>
> This way it will guarantee that my home users of kazaa will only eat up
> and share that total small amount amongst my family and nothing more.
>
> I don't want to restrict P2P usage in my home network but just put a
> configurable limit. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)
You can limit some parts of the traffic to a lower bandwidth.  But the problem
is to match that traffic.  And kazaa is very hard to match.  It uses random
ports and even ACK packets for uploads.
As fas I know there is no way to perfectly match kazaa traffic.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"